Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pass the corn please!

 Your Baby Boy! (24weeks down and now in my 25th week) 6 months!

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

6 MONTHS PREGNANT!! ahh so exciting! I still cannot believe it! Crazy to think that in two weeks I will be in my third trimester! Time is a flyin!
We have been at the pool a lot lately and I think and I am definitely getting some looks at my belly. I'm sure I am great birth control for some of the babysitters/nannies :)

Cravings? Nothing sounds good to me right now. Steve was making chicken yesterday and the smell of it made me want to lose my dinner. That is that first time that has happened.

I had my 6 month appointment today and the doctor put me on some new prenatal vitamin since mine is not making me feel very good. I have also had braxton hicks about 7 times a day and she told me to stop picking up things over 25 lbs. Well that should be a challenge because I stay at home with a little 25 lb sassy pants!

Here is a picture taken today and the other is me at 24 weeks with Charlotte! Old wives' tale says that if you are carrying your baby low, it is predicted that your baby's gender will be male. If you are carrying high, then, it is predicted that your baby's gender will be female. I think I have proven this one wrong!

24 week down, now in my 25th week! Measuring 25weeks along

Preggers with Charlotte at 24 weeks.. measuring 23 weeks
Yep it has started. I now cry at tv commercials and radio commercials.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the wives tale was the other way around? I guess that's more the reason not to believe any of them...people can't even keep them straight!

    Lookin' fab, mama!

    ReplyDelete