Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

42 days...

How your baby BOY is growing:



Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

34 weeks down.. now in my 35th week


Babycenter sends out these emails every week telling you what to expect during your pregnancy for the coming weeks and this week the email had a "what to pack for the hospital" list. I didn't think I was there yet so I kind of ignored it but after my doctors appointment today I need to re-think that! Because of the amount of braxton hicks I have been experiencing and the discomfort level my doctor checked me and I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Holy smokes! She said over the next three weeks I needed to rest, rest, rest and drink a ton of water. So here I am legs up resting and drinking water.
Now I know that I could sit at 1cm dilated and 50% effaced for a long time so I'm not getting my hopes up but I will start to get things prepared.. like finishing the nursery!




Charlotte is now 20 months old and just as happy as can be! We talk about her baby brother a lot these days and I think she is starting to understand that he is in mama's belly! It is pretty cute to ask her where her brother is she comes straight up and gives my belly a kiss! So sweet!
I have started reading a new book about how to talk to toddlers so that they understand you and you can understand them as well. It is supposed to help with tantrums and make the toddler twos a breeze! My fingers crossed and hope it works! I have learned a lot so far.
Here are some pictures from this week!
At the pool with Barrett!

14 more years until I can really drive!

Cookie Monster

No comments:

Post a Comment